On Saturday, quite a bit of work was done on the robot. A couple of us assembled our gearboxes, then attached them to the chassis. We also worked on camera driving on our prototype bot, using a camera one member brought in and code that a couple people worked on. For the field, we worked on the Cheval de Frise and the Drawbridge and attached the folding platforms for the driver stations. Those are for the driver control stations themselves to sit on during matches. We also took an 8-hour time lapse of the day's work!
On Sunday, (Valentine's Day!) we determined that we would have to widen the inside area of our robot (the area for electronics and other miscellaneous items) because otherwise the gearboxes would be inaccessible. We worked on that for quite a while, and worked on the ball intake and the railings for the portcullis to rest on. Competition drive-train was fully complete by the end of the day In the other room, we started painting the field! We got six of the defense platforms/walls painted, and set those out to dry. We also started assembling the castle ramps, which lead up to the low goal.
On Monday, a LOT of painting got done. We finished the remaining four defense platforms/walls, the Cheval de Frise, the Drawbridge, and three of us girls worked on the castle. Eden Prairie's team, Talon Robotics, #2502, is supplying the other castle for our practice tournament in less than a week. We also worked on the castle ramps more. For the robot, we greased and covered the gearboxes, and changed our wheels to the ones we ordered. (Our earlier practice ones were from Neil's wagon, and weren't legal for tournament).
Overall, it was a very successful long weekend!
Val from The Stormbots, Team #4778