A few members went to Peavey, our practice facility, and disassembled some of the field components from last year's game. They brought the remains back to the high school.
Another group was creating some of the other field parts for the current game.
Part of a possible chassis was milled on Tuesday, and several emails were sent.
On Wednesday, we spent the first hour and a half discussing what we as a team are going to focus on. We decided the following:
1. We are going to attempt to make both a competition and a practice robot.
2. We are going to move forward with the Week Zero Tournament, which you and your team can register for here.
3. We decided to continue to host our SouthWest Hub meetings
4. We are not going to apply for Chairman's or any other application awards.
After the discussion, we split off into groups. One of the groups continued with machining drive train parts. Another worked on CAD modeling for the manipulator. The last group brainstormed possible designs for ball collecting and releasing.
We came up with possibilities for ball intake/output, including a scoop and a claw. Ultimately, we decided on an arm with spinning wheels, similar to this one from AndyMark and the mechanism used by our team for the 2014 challenge. This will provide an active intake system, which we felt would make ball collection easier.
Val and Katelyn from The Stormbots, Team #4778